Helping people with oral and written communications and personal development for over 20 years by teaching individuals skills to improve business and/or personal day-to-day interactions with clients, significant others, family members and other important people in your life to build stronger, more effective, and richer relationships.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Stick around, it'll change


When I was living in Chicago, I remember someone once saying to me, “if you don’t like the weather, stick around a bit, it’ll change!”  Well, life is like that too.  I know that change is hard, and even unwanted many times, but you know, it’s a good thing – even when it doesn’t feel like it. 

What would life be like if it NEVER changed?  When I think back to high school or college days, which were a lot of fun, would I still want to be living that exact same way forever?  I remember someone saying, enjoy your college years, it’ll be the last time you’ll have to worry about money.  I didn’t know what they meant at the time as I scraped by on very little, but now I know. Even though things today are tougher, honestly, I wouldn’t want to have remained there forever; especially when I look back on all the great things (okay, and some not so great) that have happened since. 

So now that I just turned another year older last week, maybe I am getting a bit wiser.  Or maybe just learning to appreciate life, because of and in spite of it’s changes and challenges.  Stick around and things will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment